This morning I was working out in my office/photography studio/kitchen table area - which might I add, can turn into a make-shift exercise room - and I decided to take a break (I get distracted easily).
When I came back 10 minutes later, my dog had, with his mouth, picked up a 5 lb weight and carried it to his bed.
When I entered the room, he was frantically trying to tear this thing apart. Clearly, this was the best gift anyone had ever given him.
A few hours later, I decided to do a few stretches.
While I was in the downward dog position, cursing at my ham strings, my dog laid down right underneath me.
I'm not sure if the guilt from the previous weight incident was too overwhelming, and he was trying to make amends, or if he was just looking for shelter?
8 small Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
20 green beans
4 crimini mushrooms
1/2 red pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp white wine
1 -2 sprigs of dill
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup cashews
1. In a medium sauce pan, bring water to boil. Once boiling, add the washed, quartered potatoes, and boil for 5 - 8 minute. You don't want the potatoes to soft or to hard. They should be done, when the skin just starts to peel off. Once done, place in a large salad bowl.
2. Place the green beans, cut up into bite size pieces, into boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes, and then transfer to ice cold water. Let sit for two minutes, then add to the salad bowl.
3. Chop the pepper and add to salad bowl.
4. Cut the mushrooms into wedges and saute in butter for 5 minutes. Add to salad.
5. In a small bowl, combine the oil, mustard, white wine, dill, salt and pepper. Pour on salad and top with cashews.