Things to Avoid
1. Taking Seconds. Wrap it up and put it in the fridge. I am pretty sure we aren't expecting a famine anytime soon.
2. If your full, don't clean your plate. Yes mom, I know there are starving kids in Africa, but how am I supposed to ship my leftovers to them, wont they go bad?.
3. Don't be a victim of peer pressure or bullying. I know your cute grandma can be tough when she demands you eat that second piece of pie, but no means no damn it!
ASPARAGUS AND CAULIFLOWER PENNE
2 cups dry penne pasta
15 spear of asparagus
1 1/2 cups 1% milk
1/2 cup of half and half cream
1 tbsp flour
3 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta until al dente.
2. While pasta if boiling steam the asparagus and cauliflower.
3. While the pasta is cooking and the vegetables are steaming, place a small saucepan on medium heat and bring the milk and cream to a boil. Whisk in the flour, pesto, wine, and cheese.
Tip - don't just dump the flour into the hot milk. You need to make a slurry. This means, add the flour to a bit of cold water and stir. Then add the slurry to the sauce. This will help prevent lumps.
4. When the sauce is thick, toss all of the ingredients in a bowl and top with salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.